Wanna Find Anything


Monday, July 9, 2007

Love Quotes

ww.“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.”
The Bible

“So in love the heart surrenders itself entirely to the one being known how to touch it. That being is not selected but recognized and obeyed.” George Santayana

“If you have it [Love], you don't need to have anything else, and if you don't have it, it doesn't matter much what else you have.”
Sir James M. Barrie

“Love enables you to put your deepest feelings and fears in the palm of you partner's hand, knowing they will be handled with care.”Carl S. Avery

“You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.” Sam Keen

“Love is a gift of one's inner most soul to another so both can be whole.”Tea Rose

“The magic of the first love is the ignorance that it can never end.” Disraeli

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.” Unknown - Love Quotes

“You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover’s arms can only come later when you’re sure they won’t laugh if you trip.”
Jonathan Carroll

“They do not love that do not show their love. The course of true love never did run smooth. Love is a familiar. Love is a devil. There is no evil angel but Love.”
William Shakespeare

“At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.”
Plato

“Love is acceptance. When you love someone ... you take them into your heart, and that is surely why it hurts so much when we lose someone we love, because we lose a part of ourselves.”
Andrew

“How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight For the ends of Being and ideal Grace. I love thee freely, as men strive for Right; I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise. I love thee with the passion put to use In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith. I love thee with a love I seemed to lose With my lost saints—I love thee with the breadth, Smiles, tears, of all my life!—and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death.”
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

“True love is when your heart and your mind are saying the same thing.”
Leanna L. Bartram

“Lovers' quarrels are the renewal of love.”
Publius Terentius Terence

“To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others.”
Madame Anne Sophie Swetchine

“When a man has once loved a woman he will do anything for her except continue to love her. When one is in love one begins by deceiving oneself. And one ends by deceiving others. This is what the world calls a romance.”
Oscar Wilde

“Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.”
James A. Baldwin

“Let me not to the marriage of true minds Admit impediments. Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove: O, no! it is an ever-fixed mark, That looks on tempests and is never shaken. It is the star to every wandering bark, Whose worth’s unknown, although his height be taken. Love’s not Time’s fool, though rosy lips and cheeks Within his bending sickle’s compass come; Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks, But bears it out even to the edge of doom, If this be error, and upon me prov’d, I never writ, nor no man ever lov’d.”
William Shakespeare

“Love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.”
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

“We can only learn to love by loving.”
Jean Iris Murdoch

“The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it ... you and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.”
George Moore

“Love talked about can be easily turned aside, but love demonstrated is irresistible.”
W. Stanley Mooneyham

“Two souls with but a single thought, Two hearts that beat as one.”
Maria Lovell


“Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never ... never forget it.”
Curtis Judalet

“The love we give away is the only love we keep.”
Elbert Hubbard

“Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes

“Love is something eternal—the aspects may change, but not the essence. There is the same difference in a person before and after he is in love as there is in an unlighted lamp and one that is burning. The lamp was there and it is a good lamp, but now it is shedding light, too, and that is its real function.”
Vincent van Gogh

“For you see, each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.”
Rosemonde Gerard


“Love is the strongest force the world possesses, and yet it is the humblest imaginable.”
Mahatma Gandhi

“I believe if I should die, and you were to walk near my grave, from the very depths of the earth I would hear your footsteps.”
Benito Perez Galdos

“Immature love says, 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says, 'I need you because I love you.'”
Erich Fromm

“You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.”
Barbara De Angelis, PhD

“A soul mate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we're pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person we're safe in our own paradise. Our soul mate is someone who shares our deepest longings, our sense of direction. When we're two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are we've found the right person. Our soul mate is the one who makes life come to life.”
Richard David Bach

“To love and win is the best thing; to love and lose is the next best thing.”
Maximillian Arturo

“The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.”
Mother Teresa

“True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen.”
François, Duc de La Rochefoucauld

“We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love.”
Thomas Eugene (Tom) Robbins

“Love is missing someone whenever you're apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you're close in heart.”
Kay Knudsen

“Love is a game that two can play and both win.”
Eva Gabor

“Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'”
Erich Fromm

“Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots.”
Hoosier Farmer

“You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.”.
Henry Drummond

“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That's what I hope to give you forever."
Unknown source

"It takes three seconds to say I love you. Three hours to explain it and a lifetime to prove it."
Rachel


For More Love Quotes

No comments: