Wanna Find Anything


Sunday, August 26, 2007

Collection Of Love Poems - 1

Collection Of Love Poems - Part 1

Love Poem # 1


I loved you first... (from Monna Innominata)


I loved you first: but afterwards your love,Outsoaring mine, sang such a loftier songAs drowned the friendly cooings of my dove.Which owes the other most? My love was long,And yours one moment seemed to wax more strong;I loved and guessed at you, you contrued meAnd loved me for what might or might not be—Nay, weights and measures do us both a wrong.For verily love knows not 'mine' or 'thine';With separate 'I' and 'thou' free love has done,For one is both and both are one in love:Rich love knows nought of 'thine that is not mine';Both have the strength and both the length thereof,Both of us, of the love which makes us one.


- Christina Rossetti -


Love Poem # 2


What I Love About You


I love the way you look at me,Your eyes so bright and blue.I love the way you kiss me,Your lips so soft and smooth.
I love the way you make me so happy,And the ways you show you care.I love the way you say, "I Love You,"And the way you're always there.
I love the way you touch me,Always sending chills down my spine.I love that you are with me,And glad that you are mine.

- Crystal Jansen -


Love Poem # 3


I dream of you, to wake... (from Monna Innominata)


I dream of you, to wake: would that I might Dream of you and not wake but slumber on; Nor find with dreams the dear companion gone, As, Summer ended, Summer birds take flight. In happy dreams I hold you full in night. I blush again who waking look so wan; Brighter than sunniest day that ever shone, In happy dreams your smile makes day of night. Thus only in a dream we are at one, Thus only in a dream we give and take The faith that maketh rich who take or give; If thus to sleep is sweeter than to wake, To die were surely sweeter than to live, Though there be nothing new beneath the sun.


- Christina Rossetti -


Love Poem # 4


The Definition of Love


My Love is of a birth as rareAs 'tis for object strange and high:It was begotten by DespairUpon Impossibility.
Magnanimous Despair aloneCould show me so divine a thing,Where feeble Hope could ne'er have flownBut vainly flapped its Tinsel wing.
And yet I quickly might arriveWhere my extended soul is fixt,But Fate does iron wedges drive,And always crowds itself betwixt.
For Fate with jealous eye does seeTwo perfect Loves; nor lets them close:Their union would her ruin be,And her tyrannic power depose.
And therefore her decrees of steelUs as the distant Poles have placed,(Though Love's whole World on us doth wheel)Not by themselves to be embraced.
Unless the giddy Heaven fall,And Earth some new convulsion tear;And, us to join, the World should allBe cramped into a planisphere.
As lines so Loves oblique may wellThemselves in every angle greet:But ours so truly parallel,Though infinite can never meet. Therefore the Love which us doth bind,But Fate so enviously debars,Is the conjunction of the Mind,And opposition of the Stars.

- Andrew Marvell -


Love poem # 5


When You are Old


When you are old and grey and full of sleep,And nodding by the fire, take down this book,And slowly read, and dream of the soft lookYour eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;
How many loved your moments of glad grace,And loved your beauty with love false or true,But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,And loved the sorrows of your changing face;
And bending down beside the glowing bars,Murmur, a little sadly, how Love fledAnd paced upon the mountains overheadAnd hid his face amid a crowd of stars.


- W. B. Yeats -


Love Poem # 6

Every Second Beat


If I had a thousand pages,I could never name them all,The reasons that I love you,For the list would be too tall.
I love you for the melody,I hear within your voice.The way your blue eyes hold me,A captive, but by choice.
I love you for your gentle hands,That melt away my pain.I love you for your loving heart,That made mine beat again.
I love you for your loving smile,With which my old heart soars.These are some of the reasons,Every second beat is yours.

- Mark Liverance -



Love Poem # 7

In Love


The day you appeared I lost my heartTo you, to love.And from that day I cannot partFrom you, from love.
You hold me tightTo you, to love.In my thoughts all day and nightOf you, of love.
I offer all that I have to giveTo you, to love.And all my days I want to liveWith you, in love.

- Amanda Marie Burson -


Love Poem # 8


Love in a Life


Room after room,I hunt the house throughWe inhabit together.Heart, fear nothing, for, heart, thou shalt find her,Next time, herself!—not the trouble behind herLeft in the curtain, the couch's perfume!As she brushed it, the cornice-wreath blossomed anew,— Yon looking-glass gleamed at the wave of her feather.
Yet the day wears,And door succeeds door;I try the fresh fortune— Range the wide house from the wing to the centre.Still the same chance! she goes out as I enter.Spend my whole day in the quest,—who cares?But 'tis twilight, you see,—with such suites to explore,
Such closets to search, such alcoves to importune!

- Robert Browning -


Love Poem # 9

Inside Of Me


If you could see inside my soulsee inside my heartyou would know how I long for youwhenever we're apart
If you could see inside my headif thoughts were things to seeyou would know how I cherish youhow much you mean to me
In all the ways you comfort methe way you hold me nearthe way you know just what to doto chase away my fear
The sparkle in your beautiful eyesyour smile, laugh, your touchare just a few of many reasonsI love you oh so much
Knowing I can talk to youabout any and everythingand knowing together we will getthrough whatever life may bring
I could search the whole world overand this I know is trueI would never find another lovelike the love I found with you
Though with each new day, each sunrisewe can't know what's in storethere is one thing I know for sureeach day I love you more
So if you could see inside my headif thoughts were things to seeyou would know I blessed I feelto have you here with me

- Written and owned by Jay Scott -


Love Poem # 10


How Do I Love Thee? (Sonnet 43)


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.I love thee to the depth and breadth and heightMy soul can reach, when feeling out of sightFor the ends of being and ideal grace.I love thee to the level of every day'sMost quiet need, by sun and candle-light.I love thee freely, as men strive for right.I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.I love thee with the passion put to useIn my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.I love thee with a love I seemed to loseWith my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,I shall but love thee better after death.

- Elizabeth Barrett Browning -

No comments: