Wanna Find Anything


Thursday, August 30, 2007

Collection of Love Poems ---3

Collection of Love Poems - Part 3



Love Poem # 21


A Line-storm Song


The line-storm clouds fly tattered and swift, The road is forlorn all day, Where a myriad snowy quartz stones lift, And the hoof-prints vanish away. The roadside flowers, too wet for the bee, Expend their bloom in vain. Come over the hills and far with me, And be my love in the rain. The birds have less to say for themselves In the wood-world’s torn despairThan now these numberless years the elves, Although they are no less there: All song of the woods is crushed like some Wild, easily shattered rose. Come, be my love in the wet woods; come, Where the boughs rain when it blows. There is the gale to urge behind And bruit our singing down, And the shallow waters aflutter with wind From which to gather your gown. What matter if we go clear to the west, And come not through dry-shod? For wilding brooch shall wet your breast The rain-fresh goldenrod. Oh, never this whelming east wind swells But it seems like the sea’s return To the ancient lands where it left the shells Before the age of the fern; And it seems like the time when after doubt Our love came back amain. Oh, come forth into the storm and rout And be my love in the rain.

- Robert Frost -



Love Poem # 22


There Is a Beauty in the Color Brown


There is a beauty in the color brownWhich brings to mind the muted light of caring.Earth tones: roots, ground leafmeal, seeds, and soil;Nuts and bark, broad rivers thick with toil;Tree trunks in a clearing, nothing wearing,Yet holding high their single woven crown.
For me brown brings to mind your caring eyes,Innocent and gentle as a doe's.Vested in your love, my own love grows;Each thought, each hope, each breath within you lies.

- Nicholas Gordon -



Love Poem # 23


The Sacred Fruit


The sacred fruit of your soul was lostTaken unrightfully, stolenIt hurt immensely
You shared the holiness with othersTo rid the raunch treachery
Then met a man who treated you horriblyAbused you, hit you, took control of you
I came and pleased youTreated you well, made you happyShared our thoughtsEntered each others minds
We talked about memoriesThings we hadThings we wantWhat we need
We laughedCriedSmiled
The love we hadThe love we haveI want to be with you till the endI want to give you my fruitAnd share my wine

- Gary R. Hess -



Love Poem # 24


The Look


Strephon kissed me in the spring, Robin in the fall,But Colin only looked at me And never kissed at all.
Strephon's kiss was lost in jest, Robin's lost in play,But the kiss in Colin's eyes Haunts me night and day.


- Sara Teasdale -



Love Poem # 25


Why God Made Friends


God made the world with a heart full of love,Then He looked down from Heaven above,
And saw that we all need a helping hand,Someone to share with, who'll understand.
He made special people to see us throughThe glad times and the sad times, too;
A person on whom we can always depend,Someone we can call a friend.
God made friends so we'll carry a partOf His perfect love in all our hearts.

- Khahlil Gibran -



Love POem # 26


Bliss


Your eyes, your smile.Your touch, your kiss.Your promise, your words.Our everlasting bliss.

- Penelope Bell -



Love Poem # 27


Love So Sweet


You woke me from my sleepand drenched my heart with a love so deep.When I look into your eyesI see my reflection,my feelings for you I do not despise.You treat me like the princess I should beby pouring your sweet and sensual love all over me.When I see you bitting your lip and anxiously trying to kiss me,I debate in my mind whether or not I should let you taste me.You stand there all quiet with your sexy body,and I think in my mind, "Oh, my gosh, what a hottie."When I hear you speak, all your beautiful voice doesis make me weak.I love you for this andI love you for that,but you love me for everything and that.

- Jessica Kae Teal -



Love Poem # 28


My Vow To You


When you are sad, I will dry your tearsWhen you are scared, I will comfort your fearsWhen you need love, my heart I will shareWhen you are sick, for you I will care
You will feel my love when we are apartKnowing that nothing will change my heartWhen you are worried, I will give you hopeWhen you are confused, I will help you cope
When you are lost, and can’t see the lightMy love will be a beacon, shining ever so brightThis is my vow, one that I pledge till the endFor you above all are my wife and best friend
These words I have written, speak of my love for youFrom my lips these words spoken, shall always ring trueGod has blessed me, and with your hand in mineBoth of our hearts, will forever intertwine
Into all lives, falls pain and sorrows,I promise together, we will meet all tomorrowsHappy in marriage, honor and loveblessed in unity by God above

- Earl J. Dawson Jr. -



Love Poem # 29


How do you know when you're in love?


How do you know when you're in loveis it the crazy things you dois it the fact that my heart skips a beateverytime that i think of youIs it the fact that I can't sleep at nightwhen your image is in my headOr is it the fact that I can't stop smilingafter every word that you've saidIs it the need to hold you in my armsand keep you there foreverOr is it the fact that I wrote you a poemand sent it to you in a letterIs it this awful feeling deep insidewhenever I have to take you homeOr is it just being here without youthat makes me feel so aloneIs is this hunger deep insidethat longs for your kissI am so happy that I'm in lovefor there are so many things I would miss.

- Mike G -



Love poem # 30


Come live with me and be my love


Come live with me and be my love, And we will all the pleasures prove That valleys, groves, hills, and fields, Woods or steepy mountain yields.
And we will sit upon the rocks, Seeing the shepherds feed their flocks, By shallow rivers to whose falls Melodious birds sing madrigals.
And I will make thee beds of roses And a thousand fragrant posies, A cap of flowers, and a kirtle Embroidered all with leaves of myrtle;
A gown made of the finest wool Which from our pretty lambs we pull; Fair lined slippers for the cold, With buckles of th purest gold;
A belt of straw and ivy buds, With coral clasps and amber studs: And if these pleasures may thee move, Come live with me and be my love.
The shepherds' swains shall dance and sing For thy delight each May morning: If these delights thy mind may move, Then live with me and be my love.

- Christopher Marlowe -



Love Poem # 31


This Is the Third Time We Have Tried This Love


This is the third time we have tried this love,And this will be the time that it will last.Our back and forth is buried in the past.Now will never end, as time will prove.I've learned through all the fights and separationsThat happiness depends on having you.It took some time to see that this was true,Beyond all other dreams and speculations.But now it is the rock on which I stand.I know it, and the knowledge brings me peace.I need no space for rambling or release.All I am I put into your hands.Love me well, for I'm completely yours.The way is clear; I have no other doors.

- Nicholas Gordon -

No comments: