Wanna Find Anything


Monday, August 27, 2007

Collection Of Love Poems -- 2

Collection of Love Poems - Part 2






Love Poem # 11




A Red Red Rose



O my Luve's like a red, red roseThat's newly sprung in June;O my Luve's like the melodieThat's sweetly played in tune.
As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,So deep in luve am I;And I will luve thee still, my dear,Till a' the seas gang dry:
Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,And the rocks melt wi' the sun;I will luve thee still, my dear,While the sands o' life shall run.
And fare thee weel, my only Luve,And fare thee weel awhile!And I will come again, my Luve,Tho' it ware ten thousand mile.


Famous love poems by Robert Burns





Love Poem # 12



somewhere i have never travelled,gladly beyond



somewhere i have never travelled,gladly beyondany experience,your eyes have their silence:in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,or which i cannot touch because they are too near
your slightest look will easily unclose methough i have closed myself as fingers,you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens(touching skilfully,mysteriously)her first rose
or if your wish be to close me, i andmy life will shut very beautifully ,suddenly,as when the heart of this flower imaginesthe snow carefully everywhere descending;nothing which we are to perceive in this world equalsthe power of your intense fragility:whose texturecompels me with the color of its countries,rendering death and forever with each breathing
(i do not know what it is about you that closesand opens;only something in me understandsthe voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands




- E. E. Cummings -





Love Poem # 13



As Long As You're Near



The first time we met, I could see,That you and I, were meant to be.Your eyes were so gentle, your smile so true,When you first held my hand, I just knew.
Now the time has gone by, through laughter and tears,These days I shall cherish, for years upon years.Those memories we have, shall never fade,For those are the steps, that we have made.
That was the past, the future is near,I anxiously wait, for what will appear.New homes, more laughter, and children so dear,Everything will be wonderful, as long as you're near.


- Cristy Smith -





Love poem # 14



On His Late Wife




Methought I saw my late espousèd saintBrought to me like Alcestis from the grave,Whom Jove's great son to her glad husband gave,Rescued from death by force though pale and faint.Mine as whom washed from spot of childbed taint,Purification in the old law did save,And such, as yet once more I trust to haveFull sight of her in heaven without restraint,Came vested all in white, pure as her mind:Her face was veiled, yet to my fancied sight,Love, sweetness, goodness in her person shinedSo clear, as in no face with more delight.But O as to embrace me she inclinedI waked, she fled, and day brought back my night.


- John Milton -





Love Poem # 15



I Love You




When April bends above meAnd finds me fast asleep,Dust need not keep the secretA live heart died to keep.
When April tells the thrushes,The meadow-larks will know,And pipe the three words lightlyTo all the winds that blow.
Above his roof the swallows,In notes like far-blown rain,Will tell the little sparrowBeside his window-pane.
O sparrow, little sparrow,When I am fast asleep,Then tell my love the secretThat I have died to keep.


- Sara Teasdale -





Love Poem # 16



A Special World



A special world for you and meA special bond one cannot seeIt wraps us up in its cocoonAnd holds us fiercely in its womb.
Its fingers spread like fine spun goldGently nestling us to the foldLike silken thread it holds us fastBonds like this are meant to last.
And though at times a thread may breakA new one forms in its wakeTo bind us closer and keep us strongIn a special world, where we belong.


- Sheelagh Lennon -





Love Poem # 17



Life in a Love



Escape me?Never—Beloved!While I am I, and you are you,So long as the world contains us both,Me the loving and you the loth,While the one eludes, must the other pursue.My life is a fault at last, I fear:It seems too much like a fate, indeed!Though I do my best I shall scarce succeed.But what if I fail of my purpose here? It is but to keep the nerves at strain,To dry one's eyes and laugh at a fall,And baffled, get up to begin again,—So the chase takes up one's life, that's all.While, look but once from your farthest bound,At me so deep in the dust and dark,No sooner the old hope drops to groundThan a new one, straight to the selfsame mark,I shape me—EverRemoved!


- Robert Browning -





Love Poem # 18



Motionless



If time could stand still, I’d freeze it here,So you’d always hold me, close and near.In your arms, where I’m meant to be,Filled with the perfect love you’ve given me.
A bond so strong, a hold so tight,To know you’re the one; my ‘Mr. Right’.A blessing sent from up above,In you I’ve found my one true love.
Our lives entwined to be as one,Upon this journey we’ve just begun.Where you and I will find no less,Than eternal love and happiness.


- Kelley Saint -





Love Poem # 19



Keeper Of My Dreams



When you're not here to share my days and nightsMy life is so incompleteFor you are my heart, my soulThe ‘oneness’ I had known to seek
Without you I merely exist from day to dayWith you I know that I will findAll that I have been searching forMy completeness, my eternal peace of mind
You are the keeper of my dreamsThe man who holds my heart in his handsThe one I want to spend my life withThe one with whom I will always stand
Stand beside through thick and thinThrough all that life will throw our wayKnowing that this special love we shareWill guide us, each and every day
This journey was started long agoBefore this time and placeThe journey of completenessAs two hearts and souls embrace
Forever is what I want with youFor the search is at an endOur hearts have found each otherAs lovers, as soul-mates, as friends.


- Denise Mangano -





Love Poem # 20



On May Morning



Now the bright morning Star, Day's harbinger,Comes dancing from the East, and leads with herThe Flowery May, who from her green lap throwsThe yellow Cowslip, and the pale Primrose.Hail bounteous May that dost inspireMirth and youth, and warm desire, Woods and Groves, are of thy dressing,Hill and Dale, doth boast thy blessing.Thus we salute thee with our early Song,And welcome thee, and wish thee long.


- John Milton -

1 comment:

Ariadne Green said...

Beautiful poetry. Hope you will visit my book site to read about my new book, Divine Complement. Its an inspirational title about soulmate relationships. Go to:
http://www.ariadnegreen.com
Your poetry speaks to the heart of soulmate love.
God bless you,
Ariadne